Herbal Medicine, the oldest form of medicine, uses plant remedies in the treatment of illnesses. Today much is understood about the constituents of herbs providing scientific explanations for knowledge that was formerly based on experience. Herbal medicine combines age-old wisdom with scientific knowledge to provide a natural support to health.
Herbal medicine can be used by everyone and play a role in helping with most conditions. Examples of conditions where herbs have traditionally been used include:
Digestive disorders – irritable bowel (IBS), constipation, food intolerance, reflux, indigestion, heartburn, diarrhoea
- Menstrual pain & irregularities, PMS, thrush, endometriosis, PCOS, infertility
- Arthritis, fibromyalgia, rheumatism, sciatica
- Chronic colds & infections, hay fever, sinusitis, asthma, chronic bronchial congestion
- Headaches, migraines, anxiety, insomnia, stress, exhaustion,
- Menopause symptoms – flushing, mood swings
- Cystitis, incontinence
- Skin problems – acnes, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis
- Poor circulation, high cholesterol, mild hypertension
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME, lowered immunity, type-II diabetes, herpes simplex, poor concentration
An initial consultation allows plenty of time (1-2 hours) to get to know you and your healthcare needs. Treatment is individual and includes diet and lifestyle advice as well as personalised herbal formula using the highest quality herbs. Follow-up is scheduled 3-6 weeks, as needed, and treatment length depends on individual needs.
Initial consultation appointment is £35, and followup appointments are £20.
Herbal prescription costs can vary, but are roughly £8/week.